Friday, February 5, 2010

The day of being an editor..

When I first get the essay assignment, I look at what goals are needed. I go home and try to put down ideas about several topics I would like to write about that can last till about five or more pages. When I am typing my very first draft, I constantly re read each sentence making sure it sounds somewhat perfect and that it is in the proper place in the paragraph. When I print out the draft, I get a blue pen and make corrections that I did not see when typing. I am somewhat of an architect who cuts out and rebuilds it with better meaning and understanding so the reader can be interested in reading my paper. I guess I can also be a surgeon because I like to experiment with different things and I try to fit in what is necessary in the sentence. I am not a perfect writer but I receive the necessary help from my teachers.

1 comment:

  1. Architects and scientists are quite different, yes? How are you each? Specify. Identify. Qualify.

    ReplyDelete